I've recently been reading up on the silent way for another post and it has inspired this post, which is a trivial game. The rules are simple. Read the statements below and decide if they were said by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard or Silent way founder Caleb Gattegno. Scroll down for the answers.
1. "Consciousness . . . is present in every cell and in every amount of energy in the soma’"
2. "A misunderstood word will remain misunderstood until one clears the meaning of the word. Once the word is fully understood by the person, it is said to be cleared."
3. "‘Ogden’ is the name we have given to the [amount of] mental energy mobilized to retain an arbitrary sound or an arbitrary connection."
4. "I have been engaged in a study of applications of technology to illiteracy and illiterate or semiliterate populations."
5. "The supporters of mankind could achieve their ends if they could shift to becoming holders of the relativity that generates tolerance of the other, But . . . they do not seem ready to pay the price: abandonment of absolutes passed on from times when awareness was not the concern of people."
6. "An educational program[me] which begins with the child's parents, progresses through kindergarten and grade school, through high school and into college and preserves at every step the individuality, the native ambitions, intelligence, abilities and dynamics of the individual, is the best bastion against not only mediocrity but against any and all enemies of mankind"
8. "Mental energy is simply a finer, higher level of physical energy. The test of this is conclusive in that a thetan "mocking up" (creating) mental image pictures and thrusting them into the body can increase the body mass and by casting them away again can decrease the body mass
9. "I am an energy system endowed with awareness. Hence I can become aware of the energy inputs I receive and know them for what they are"