Saturday 25 September 2021

Everything you ever wanted to know about massing, blocking, spacing and interleaving (Interview with John Rogers)

While writing our recent book, an introduction to evidence based ELT, we contemplated writing a chapter on grammar teaching using massed and spaced conditions. Quickly it became clear that this was a rather complicated area and not one with clear findings, and so the chapter didn't make it to the book. This was a shame because there was a lot of interesting research we came across when planning it. 

While reading around the subject, one name that kept coming up in the SLA research was John Rogers. So I was delighted when I discovered John's account on twitter and when he agreed to talk to me about this area of research. 


If you would like to read more of John's work then check out his profile here or if you have any questions then follow him on twitter



2 comments:

  1. Hi Russ. This seems really interesting, but I'm unlikely to be able to sit down and watch a video of over an hour. Is there any chance you could make it available as an audio? I find it much easier to fit that kind of thing in, and I'd love to know what's here!
    Sorry for being a pain!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sandy, that's a good idea. I am exactly the same as you actually, in this regard. I'm not much of a technical whizz though, but I'll look into it!

      Delete